Objective: To become part of a marketing team that values bright individuals with an honest work ethic, the desire to learn, and the ability to surpass expectations.
Social Media, Internet Marketing, SEO, E-Commerce, Business Development, Google Analytics, Web Analytics, XML, CSS, HTML, WordPress, API, Facebook, Twitter, Semantic Web, Web 2.0
Education & Certification:
University of Texas at Austin – BA, Major: Philosophy, Minor: English, 2008
- Distinguished College Scholars award from the College of Liberal Arts, 2008
Tarrant County Community College – AA, 2006
- Created a WordPress based website and a Facebook Fan Page for my friend Donny Kinson to generate awareness and support for anyone effected by the male breast cancer: www.menwithbreastcancer.org & Facebook Fan Page. Also designed the organization’s logo and wrote the Mission Statement.
- Used InDesign and Photoshop to design two issues of the southern California paper publication called 16 Rounds to Samadhi. Designed two issue covers, illustrations, and layouts. Also, active website www.16rounds.com and Facebook Fan Page administrator.
- Created a news aggregator website using WordPress and select plug-ins: www.vaishnava.me The website gathers over 50 different RSS feeds and republishes the articles automatically. Approximately 1,800 people visit monthly. Also created the website’s Facebook Fan Page that resyndicates the website posts as status updates using a Facebook application. The Fan Page has grown to over 236 fans.
- Wrote a featured article and designed the article’s layout for the 16 Rounds to Samadhi publication: Wicked Leaks – A Cannibal Culture Autopsy
- Language Communication & Culture with Scott Anderson, 2007. Example essays: 1, 2, 3
- Ethics with Jonathan Dancy, 2007. Example essay: 1
- Early Modern Philosophers, 2006. Example essay: 1
- Volunteered as the staff Photographer for University of Texas school paper, The Daily Texan. Sample images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Introduction to Photojournalism with Dennis Darling, 2007. Class assignments included a six part ball python photo series and a final project photo story on Radhapriya Devi Dasi.
- Introduction to Photography with Gary Bishop, 2005. Example film images from the class:
- Sold online advertising in the form of a website that is ranked on the front page Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
- Cold called 70-100 businesses a day.
Alibre – Richardson, TX
New Business Account Manager, 2009 to 2010
- Sold to small and mid-sized businesses CAD/CAM software solutions.
- Engaged leads by making outbound calls and sending emails to the people who registered for a 30 day software trial.
- Tools for the pipeline management included Salesforce and Pardot.
- Provided technical consultation and product demonstration using GoToMeeting.
Volt Technical Resources – Austin, TX
Telesales Mac Expert, 2008 to 2009
- Sold Macintosh computers, personal electronics, software, and accessories that are found in Apple’s Online Store.
Radiant Systems – Bedford, TX
Regional Technical Manager, 2003-2006
- Supported resellers with the planning, installation, and maintenance of the Aloha POS and Radiant Systems hardware products.
- Held conference meetings with the west coast division to review each reseller’s case trends and to gather feedback that could be used to improve scores on support satisfaction surveys.
- Compiled case trend statistics in Excel to create graph reports and built PowerPoint presentations for the conference meetings.
- Partnered with the training department to conduct webinars on a newly released utility, LogViewer. The webinars empowered the resellers to resolve some of the issues themselves and reduced the volume of new cases.
- Partnered with BackOffice escalation team to write a dozen BackOffice support documents and then published them in the knowledge base.
GE-Zurich Warranty Management – Dallas, TX
Client Support Representative, 2002 to 2003
- Troubleshot for hardware failure on warranty covered items like desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, PDAs and other peripherals.
NTT Verio – Dallas, TX
Dedicated & DSL/ISDN Support Technician, 2000 to 2003
- Worked with customers to resolve internet connectivity and performance issues with T1, Frame Relay, xDSL, ISDN and dial-up.